Thursday, May 08, 2008

Something's gotta give

This morning, I woke up in a serious funk. I didn't oversleep, but I was late for work. I just couldn't move. I looked at my closet, and hated all of my clothes. When I was in the shower, I got soap in my eyes. I haven't had soap in my eyes since... well, ever. I looked in the mirror and felt disgust with my hair. I was dissatisfied with my face.

The drive to work, and the walk in the building, was surreal. I just didn't want to do it today. Luckily I have cool co-workers and enjoy being around them, but I had zero passion for my work. The eight hours I spent in the office felt like an eternity.

I went to the gym, but didn't see the point. I didn't even get my usual rush when I was done.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom, this is not normal for me. I think I need to get back into therapy. Or get a drastic hair cut. Or both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I TOTALLY had one of those days today. They SUCK. I usually feel better in the morning though. I hope you do too.

Hugs. Limp-from-ennui-but-sincere hugs.

Unknown said...

We all have days like that, and man do they suck.

Isn't it time for another girl's night? Maybe some shopping...

Anonymous said...

I, too, had one of these days on Thursday. There must be something in the collective air. The Valley does that to us. I am new to your blog, obviously, but I hope to stick around. Ummm, I found you via Sideon's Sanctuary, by the way.