Monday, September 22, 2008

Cancer Sucks

I have a pin on my cubical wall with that statement. There is no other way to put it. I can't think of a single thing in the world that I hate more than cancer. It doesn't just suck, it FUCKING sucks.

I've known way too many people, too many REALLY GOOD PEOPLE, affected by this monster. Most recently, the little boy of my friends Jake and Amie. Kris.

This is a three year old boy. He has big brown eyes and extremely long eyelashes. He has two big brothers who adore him and miss him dearly, and parents who haven't had any time to sleep or eat properly in the past couple of weeks.

The prognosis is as "good as can be". He's got a malignant tumor, but the doctors say it's very treatable. However, he still has to undergo several rounds of chemo.

I got to visit them at the hospital tonight. This little guy is brave, strong, and adorable. I wanted to wrap in in my arms and make it all go away. His parents are weary but amazingly hanging in there. Whatever you do for positive energy, be it praying, meditation, healing vibes, whatever-- please keep this little man in mind. This hit them like a ton of bricks and out of the blue. My heart breaks for them, yet I'm in awe of their strength.

Kris, this cancer will be killed. I know it will be!

2 comments:

Andee said...

I am thinking of the little guy tonight... sending positive thoughts your way.

Andee

Anonymous said...

I have been praying my guts out for this little guy! I am so glad the prognosis is good but I am sure this is still so scary for them! I can't even imagine!

Cancer really does suck!

Go Kris!!

ddp/Tracy