Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I've moved on up

to the East Side! For reals....

I'm almost completely moved in my new home. I still have odds and ends to finish up in my old place, but everything important is moved and settled. I really love my new place! It's not ideal forever, but it's perfect for me, for now. For the first time in a really long time, I'm sleeping the entire night through. I live in a quiet, clean, peaceful neighborhood. I have a most magnificent view of the Cottonwood mountains. I'm a hop, skip, and a jump away from so many unique and interesting shops and restaurants, not to mention the canyons. I'm truly happy there!

Okay, that's enough gushing. I have more important matters to talk about. Prepare to laugh.

I began packing more than a week in advance. My dad hired some movers to help, and he was going to help as well. Given this fact, I took special care to pack away my nighstand early on. I marked it "Christy's Room" and sealed the box. I'm not trying to give TMI, but I *am* a single woman with needs. Also, a former friend of mine sent me a playboy subscription for Christmas last year. I won't lie, I enjoy the magazine, and it's not just for the articles. I carefully packed those away, too. I checked under my bed, more than once, just to make sure everything was taken care of. Other than a couple of old pillows that I don't use anymore, I saw nothing.

Yeah, you know where this is going.

While the movers were packing the truck, I ran up to my new condo to get the keys. I returned to my old apartment and was in the living room talking to my dad. I could hear the movers in one of the rooms behind me, laughing. I assumed they were just talking to each other, inside joke or whatever. They cleared my bed and frame from my room, and I went in to take a look.

There on the floor, for all to see.... yeah. And not just any toy, oh no. But it was a baton that has a whip on one side, and feathers on the other. *****I'VE NEVER USED THIS FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE!!!!!!***** It was a prop for my halloween costume, I promise! I was a dominatrix for halloween! It must have fallen out of my bag and got shoved under my bed, where it's been ever since! I missed packing a playboy, too.

OH.MY.GOD. !!! !!!

I wanted to be swallowed up in a hole to die. The movers are guys that my brother knows. ACK! They couldn't just find a vibrator, but they had to find the kinkiest toy I own (besides the fuzzy handcuffs, which were also part of the costume!).

I picked it up and threw it in my closet. I could not look the movers in the eyes the rest of the day... and they had to keep asking me questions. They had to go back in to get my nightstands, so they know that I knew that they knew.

I can laugh about it now, but this is my new "Most Embarrassing Moment".

7 comments:

MattMan said...

rotfl

Well, if you'd had the rest of the costume still available (you know, the spiked leather and such), you could've turned this around by dressing up and "confronting" them when they came back in -- with a stern warning that they'd better not scratch anything... "or else". :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Christy that is the funniest thing I have heard(read) all day! I'm sorry to take so much joy out of your embarrassment though!!

heeheeheeheehee

Again, sorry. :)

ddp/tracy/regina filangi

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! That is the best story ever. :-D

I'm also really glad you found a great place to live and that you feel more at home there.

JJ said...

That is hilarious!!! At least it wasn't dirty underwear!


I remember the baton from last Halloween!! I also remember the top of it kept falling off!! good times!! LOL

The Raging Swede(tm) said...

Hi-lar-eeeeee-us, Christy. And congrats on your new place!

Jennifer said...

Oh god, that is so funny. I'm terrified that someone will find my stash of toys. Especially since my kids are so damn nosy. But movers that know your family? That's bad, roflmao.

SN

ruadamu2 said...

Nothing better than new digs that you happen to dig. I have a funny "discovery" story too, but its not about me so I can't share.