Friday, September 21, 2007

Gonna party like it's my Bloggiversary!



Happy Bloggiversary to ME! It was one year ago today that I finally started blogging. I initially started it to better stalk my friends Eric and Laura. Plus I saw the community that blogging brought together, and wanted to be a part of it. As my original post states, I really didn't think anyone would ever read it, I thought I was just doing this to say what I wanted to say, in my own place.

Things that I've learned in the past 365 days:

The things people say on their blogs, are not an accurate representation of who they truly are. 'nuff said.

The more you post, the more responses you get.

If you post, they will come.

There is one single celebrity that has generated more hits from google searches than all the others combined, multiplied 10. I'm afraid to mention her name again, so let's just say that it starts with an S and ends in a carlette. Her last name starts with a J and ends in ohanssen. People are quite perverted, in what they want to know about her.

Readers eat up posts that talk about Victoria's Secret models.

No matter how careful you think you are on your blog, trust me. From my own experience. Random people from your real life WILL find you. Sometimes it's pleasent. Others, not so much. Be careful what you blog about.

Blogging can be addictive.

No, being a fellow ex-mormon/woman/mommy/depression sufferer/Bono worshiper will NOT guarantee that you will ever get to meet Dooce.

Most bloggers are da coolest cats, evah!

Adding any kind of visitor tracking device to your blog makes it so much fun! You get to stalk who stalks you!

I'm so glad I crashed the blogosphere party! I've met some truly amazing people this way, and have learned much about myself.

Here's to many more!

9 comments:

Already Gone said...

Happy blog anniversary! Ya said it sista, be careful what ya blog!! Thanks for coming over and hurdling the extra steps to see me!! BTW, your guy is a cutie!!

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Wow, congrats. I missed my year anniversary sometime in August. I always thought you were here first!

Sideon said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Hugs to you!

-Don

Lemon Blossom said...

YAY! Happy Bloggiversary!!

Thanks for blogging and sharing so much of yourself over the last year. It's been fun, sad, intense, and therapeutic. *clink* to many more posts!

Molly The Mormon said...

Here's a big Ramiumptum from
Molly the Mormon

JulieAnn said...

Congrats and I'm glad you joined the blogsphere too. How do you do the tracking device thingy? I'd love to see who reads...

C. L. Hanson said...

Congrats, happy blogiversary!!!

C. L. Hanson said...

p.s. You have learned many valuable lessons in the past 365 days. I'd just like to add that "No matter how careful you think you are on your blog, trust me. From my own experience. Random people from your real life WILL find you. Sometimes it's pleasent. Others, not so much. Be careful what you blog about." is what causes "The things people say on their blogs, are not an accurate representation of who they truly are. 'nuff said." ;^)

Anonymous said...

chanson makes an excellent point. There's so much I'd love to say on my blog, I really just don't dare. Dooce notwithstanding. :-)

Happy Blogiversary, Christy!! I have been loving DE for a whole year now - what a year it's been. Life's funny, ain't it?

Cheers!