Monday, October 22, 2007

You make me feel like Dancin'

On saturday night, I went to a Halloween/Karaoke/Hypnotist show party. I dressed up as a masked woman. I wore a long, strapless, black sequined dress, and a mask that covered my eyes with black and white feathers, and more sequins. I put glitter all over my shoulders, upper chest, cheeks and eyes, and sprayed my hair with glitter hair spray. I was sparkly! (Sorry Craig, you'll be dealing with the after effects of that for days or weeks to come. Think of it as proof that I was there!)

At the party, my friend Anna's fiance, Alan, grabbed my hand and made me dance with him. He spun me, twirlled me, and bent me backwards. I've never danced with him before, so I wasn't confident that he wouldn't drop me when doing these stunts. Plus, my shoes were gripping the floor. It was fun, I kissed his cheek when the song was over, and sat back down. A couple of songs later, another guy (who I don't know, can't remember his name!) grabbed my hand and also made me dance with him. Same thing... he spun me, twirled me, and bent me backwards. Thanks to the warm-up I had with Alan, I was slightly more confident and easier to dance with. It was fun, he kissed my hands when it was over, yadda yadda. Stayed at the party a little bit longer, and left. Sunday I pretty much lazed around all day, not any kind of intense activity. Then this morning happened!

I woke up this morning with the most intense back pains, and upper thigh pains. I couldn't figure out what I did the day before to make my body ache so badly. Then saturday night came to mind. Ugh. I love dancing, but apparently I need to do some warm up exercises first!

Which brings me to my next thought. I'm a sporadic watcher of "Dancing With The Stars", at best. Rarely watch it, and when I do, it's only because I need to better understand what my co-workers are talking about. However, this season, I'm a bit more captivated, because Jennie Garth is a participant.

Really, who can look this good in 1990:



And still look THIS GOOD in 2007?


I worship this woman! And normally, I'm not into blondes.

What's the point of this post? Vote for Jennie. And vote often!

(PS- any advice as to how I can get rid of this back-ache that doesn't involve Ibuprophen?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - so does that mean if I DIDN'T look that good in 1990, then I don't HAVE to look that good in 2007? Just wondering.

Don said...

Wait, Jennie Garth is on dancing with the stars this season??? I had (and still do) an enormous crush on her from the 90210 days!

Great, another show I need to try to keep up with.

JulieAnn said...

I can help you with that dancing thing.

JulieAnn said...

PS You looked dazzling Sat. night--no wonder they wanted to dance with you!