Tuesday, November 13, 2007

General update on stuff and things

My daughter Emilie really did cut her hair. All of it. I'll post pictures after we get them taken this weekend, but it's pretty bad. Her hair looks like a little boy's. Hopefully it grows fast! Other than a trim one year ago, I've never cut their hair! SOMEONE (not me!!!) left her alone in a room with a pair of scissors. I know this happens to most little girls, but it never happened to me. And, usually, it's just the bangs, not the whole head. Whatchagonnado? Of course this would happen one week before her 6th birthday, when I was planning on taking them in to get their pictures taken. At least everyone can tell the difference between them now.

I'm almost done weaning myself off of my antidepressants, which I started taking last February. The weaning process has not been so bad, mentally. However, I notice that I'm suddenly experiencing emotions that I haven't felt in quite some time. At first I didn't know how to handle it, thought something is wrong with me, but then I took a step back and realized what is going on, so I'm able to handle it better. I probably offended lots of people along the way.

After some brown nosing, pestering and perseverance, I was able to get into a three day class at work (one that is taught at a university level, but crammed into three full days instead of a semester) and I love it! BUT, get this! Today, I realized, that some of my participation (raising my hand like a teachers pet), enthusiasm, and commentary to the lesson, was done with my second button on my blouse undone. The one that goes RIGHT over my cleavage. Exposing myself to the 25 other people in the room who turned to look at me every time I spoke, which was often.

So.... how was YOUR day?

6 comments:

Sideon said...

Ah, well, last week in Los Angeles, the morning after a night out with vendors and other conference attendees, the morning in which I was quite hungover? Yes, I managed to get up, shower, dress and make it all the way through the hotel corridors, through the busy lobby and into the dining room to meet my boss who looked me up and down and said, clearly, "your zipper is down."

Suave and debonair. Sure.

Mwah.

Bishop Rick said...

Um, is it too late to sign up for that class?

Sumwun said...

I bet that was the best class ever. When you answered questions you probably got responses like "Yes those are absolutely amazing...comments. You really have your finger on the button...of the subject here."

I am not sure you didn't do it subconsciously!

from the ashes said...

Hey, I cut my friends' hair when we were 3.

I'm in town, btw.

Randy said...

Sometimes I think my wellbutrin interferes with my ability to feel legitimate, non-depressive emotions. I've been on the stuff so long (since 2002) that it's hard to say.

Sounds like a fun class.

Anonymous said...

My daughter did some hair cutting a few years ago with another child at school, fortunately though no buzz cuts.

Having weaned off the anti-depressants I know how tough that can be. I hope you are doing well.