Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy 6th birthday to my girlies!


This post is late in coming. On the 18th of this month, my babies, Alexa and Emilie, turned 6!! It is so hard to believe. I walk through the stores and see the isles of baby/toddler toys, and I have to remind myself that those are way beneath my girls age and ability.

Last year I blogged about the experience of being pregnant and giving birth to twins, I won't go there again. It's an experience that I play out in my mind, often. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, yet the happiest and most rewarding. Six years ago, I never would have thought I would say that.

At age six, I have two girls who are best friends with each other. They are protective of each other. They are silly. They are SMART. They have fun no matter where they go or what they do. They love to read (they can't really read yet, but can sound out words, and memorize books), they love to play pretend, they are obsessed with horses, love dragons, dinosaurs, Kinder Eggs, and most importantly, friends and family. We had a sweet moment tonight... I bought them the old classic Christmas shows, the stop motion animation with Rudolf, Frosty, and Santa. They wanted to watch the one about Rudolph tonight, so I put it on then excused myself to do laundry. Alexa approached me and said "We don't want to watch the movie about Rudolph unless we can watch it together as a family." So, of course I stopped what I was doing and watched the movie with them.

My girls remind me of what's important. Force me to be patient (which they succeed at, most of the time!). Show me what it's like to be silly and have fun, yet love to learn. My girls inspire me, motivate me, and love me. I am so, so lucky to have them.

Here are some pictures we took the day before their birthday:





Emilie's short haircut turned out to be quite cute, no?

11 comments:

Sideon said...

You have adorable children! Happy Birthday to the girls :)

Aerin said...

Congratulations and happy birthday to the two of them! Her hair does look cute.

Regina Filangi said...

They are so cute just like their momma! Yes her hair does look really cute short.

Happy birthday girls!!

Adrianne Miller said...

How much would she charge to do mine?

-Domokun- said...

Cute girls!

Anonymous said...

They're such dolls, and the short hair IS cute! 10 years from now, you will have many boys to worry about.

You look great too, C. :-)

dmarks said...

Happy Birthdays!

Anonymous said...

You three are SO beautiful!!! I love the short hair too! There's really no way she can NOT be adorable anywayz.....we should really get our kids together....Dylan has been missing those two girls!....and their monkeyball game...sorry, in his eyes they go hand in hand!

from the ashes said...

Now I can tell them apart! Happy birthday to the girls! (Yes, the haircut is quite cute).

minijonb said...

happy b-day to the twins!!! it's nice to know they can still share a birthday together =:-)

Michael Carr - Veritas Literary said...

November 27 is the birthday of my twins, too. They just turned eight. Those first couple of years were tough, but they've always had a best friend and it's been great watching them grow up together.

PS - Came here from other DAMU blogs.

PPS - I'm the guy who started Zarahemla City Limits. I noticed you mentioned it on your blog. :)