Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Christmas List of Things that Must Go

I say this not to offend, but to help you!!

  • Wreaths on the fronts of cars
  • Holiday gift baskets from vendors (I love being spoiled by them, don't get me wrong! But a team can only handle so many chocolates, breads, popcorn, caramel corn, nuts, crackers, and yogurt covered pretzels.)
  • Christmas letters full of sappy religion and no family updates
  • Being lonely
  • Overkill of snow
  • Gift expecting
  • Working during the few days leading up to and following Christmas
  • Mean People
  • Office potlucks

I really don't want to be completely negative, so here is my list of things about Christmas that must stay:

  • Tasteful Wreaths on front doors or windows (I say tasteful because in my last neighborhood, there was a house with a wreath that was so big, you had to step through it to get to the front door. The word hideous doesn't aptly describe. Made us laugh, at least.)
  • Clementines
  • Bob's soft peppermint balls
  • The spirit of generosity
  • Christmas lights
  • Christmas cards that include a family photo... even better if they contain updates on what everyone has been up to in the past year (My friends Grant and Teri always have the best Christmas letters!)
  • Advent Calendars (especially the ones with the little windows containing chocolate!)
  • Using the rest of my PTO for the year
  • Haikus
  • Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (My daughters think he's so cool!)

I hope that everyone is having a fantastic season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Bob's soft peppermint balls"

Who's Bob?

Oh, stop - I slay me. Seriously, though, that reminds me of the Schwetty Balls bit from SNL a, ahem, few years ago. LOL.

Happy Christmas, Christy!

Anonymous said...

I love the schwetty balls from SNL!! I don't think I've had Bob's soft peppermint balls...have I? Sounds like I'm missing out!

Merry Christmas! Santa's coming tonight!!!