Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I've been dumped

The therapist that written much about in several previous posts, that I worshipped and adored, has dumped me. :( Not really... her office is set up for short term help, and she said it was clear that I needed someone long term. Sadly, I have to move on.

She was amazing. She helped me learn so much about myself. She was able to clearly see some inner workings of my brain that I was never able to make sense of before. She helped me discover that writing (physically writing, not typing) is a lost art that I love.

I meet with a new woman this afternoon. Long term therapy, here I come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems the healing and learning process continues. If you think about it though blogging is some form of new virtual therapy.

Melissa said...

Good luck with your new therapist!!

minijonb said...

damn! dumped by a therapist. that's some cold blooded shit.

seriously, i hope your new therapist is just as good as the last.

Randy said...

Long-term therapy is like a banana in the throat.

Well, more like an onion, really. It can take years to peel back all the layers to get to your innermost core. That's been my experience, anyway; I'm still peeling after 5 years with the same therapist, though if his billing doesn't get straightened out, I might have to peel a little faster.

Anonymous said...

Well, here's hoping your long-termer is as good or better than your short-termer! -Hug-