Monday, March 31, 2008

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...

Bull Shit!

Shut Up, Bitch!

Fuck you!

That's what your sister said!

That was my BROTHER!!!

This weekend, my super-cool most awesome friends and I went on an outing together to The Tavernacle. This was my second experience there, and I can't (literally) sing their praises enough.

My friend Erica and I have a total girl crush on their one female performer, we affectionately call her "Hot Tara":



She is the woman's ultimate best friend. Hot, talented, strong, smart, and spunky. She performs only once a month, I suggest that you try to see her when you can. She seemed to truly love the attention that we (especially Erica and I) gave her.

The tavernacle is a dueling piano bar. Once in a while they get into song tug of wars, and when Tara is there, it's Woman VS. Man. Right off the bat, they started dueling "I Will Survive" (for women) and "Baby Got Back" (for men). Whoever had more money, won. Next to us were women who forked over $100 over for "I Will Survive". But they didn't have a table. After some of our friends left (There were 12 of us! 12? Does that mean I wasn't alone like a sore thumb?)

These women were so grateful (not to mention cute and fun), that they bought all of us two rounds of Jaeger shots. At this point, I switched over from liquor to beer, to keep my buzz but not get drunk. But who can say no to free drinks? It would be impolite. We all got a tad bit wasted.

At any rate, we all had an amazing time. If you're looking for something fun to do in Salt Lake City, I can't recommend this place enough. However, be sure to reserve your table a week in advance, or you'll be standing on the sides.

Here is a blurry, tad bit wasted picture of me:



Who is that next to me? hmmmmm..... it gets curiouser and curiouser.......

2 comments:

Emilie said...

I love this place!! I have been there twice as well. I have never been there on a night Erica was there. I will have to look into that. Good times!

Christy said...

Emilie,

COOL! Next time you're up north, we should go! BTW... Erica is my friend. Tara is the pianist. :)

I remember, back in the day when I had the opportunity to hang out with you more, everything has always been more fun with Emilie. I can say this with great knowledge, considering I've known you since I was one year old.

BTW, I think I need to do a road trip to your neck of the woods soon. My Emilie has been asking about her namesake.

Love you!!