Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Facebook, Past Relationships, Guilty Pleasures... and other random thoughts

I'm working from home today, to test my employers catastrophe continuation plan. I've got VH1's top 20 playing in the background, for mindless noise. Don't judge- daytime TV really sucks and if I pop in a DVD, I'll be watching that and not working. (No, I'm not working right now, just taking a break!)

So one of the songs in the Top 20 is by the Pussycat Dolls. They're a guilty pleasure of mine, so I watched the video. If I had the looks and body to get away with what they do, you BET I would! I can't remember the name of the song, but the catchy chorus said something to the effect of "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it". This has always been a favorite saying of mine, because it's so true. We spend our lives wishing for, hoping for, wanting wanting WANTING, and then what happens when we get it? Either it fails to meet our expectations, or we tire of it and want more more MORE! It's like a dog or cat chasing their tail.

It reminded me of some of my past relationships, and the boys/men that I've pined for. Just like my most recent post of finding my dear Alexa on Facebook, I've also found past relationships and major crushes there. It's voyeuristically thrilling for me to peak in on their lives. I won't mention their names now like I have in the past, because I'm talking of how I see them today. One guy I'm still crushing on, and probably always will. He's turned into an amazing man who has done very well for himself. Even if he's a [self proclaimed] right wing nutjob, he's still sexy as hell (all in the intellect, baby!), and if he weren't happily married, I'd try to make my make-out fantasy happen. Another guy is the one that I have always wondered "What if....?" about. Now that I've had a peak into his world, I can wipe my brow in relief and think "Thank GOD nothing came of that!" Another one has a lovely jumper-clad wife. And that's all I will say about that! :)

Yeah... with one exception, I'm glad I didn't get what I wished for. Funny that. Certainly gives a gal some perspective, but it does make me wonder how or when I'll ever just be okay with what is? Until I know, my brain will keep thinking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, what happened in the Olden Days before the Interwebs threw our exes in our faces for the rest of our lives?? Gah. I am not fond of having the possibility of running into someone, virtually, that I broke up with for very good reasons, ages ago. :-P

- wry

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm the only one who can't find people they know on FB. Hopefully that means they can't find me either, lol.

Johnny Diaz said...

Christy,
Hi. My name is Johnny Diaz and I'm a staff writer with The Boston Globe newspaper.
I am writing an article on how facebook affects relationship and I stumbled upon your posting.

Do you have time to talk about your experiences with facebook?

Thank you in advance,

Johnny Diaz
Living/Arts writer
The Boston Globe
jodiaz@globe.com

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] גדולים אנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים כמו כן יש במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים אנא לפנות לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

buy propecia said...

Hello people want to express my satisfaction with this blog very creative and I really like the views of the focus very good indeed Thank you for the helpful information. I hope you keep up the good work on making your blog a success!