Monday, February 12, 2007

I can be a domestic goddess when I wanna be!

I try to pretend like I'm a modern day woman who lives for every day conveniences, but there are still some things I like to do the old fashioned way. One of them, is baking. I love to make breads, cookies, cakes, etc., without pre-mixed packages. I still own and adore my rolling pin. There is something very satisfying about the process of creating something lovely from scratch. And if I do say so myself, I make the best sugar cookies!

My results:



And I have to brag about my BFF, Shiree! I had lessons to learn how to decorate, and she is self-taught and amazing!




Yes, Christy and Shiree rock at the cookies and no, you can't have any! Well maybe... some of you can...

I wanted to talk a bit more about therapy, and thank everyone again for your comments. I started going to therapy when I was 12, and have been off and on ever since. At times it's worked great, others not so well. I'm a big advocate of it, and I see no shame in admitting when I need help.

Now I'm going to go eat another cookie.

12 comments:

Just one of many said...

If I could pick my sister wife, it would be you hands down!! Love the cookies...my husband would I had been replace by some stepford wife if I started to bake!!
The cookies were almost as yummy as you!! Hugs! :)

Sumwun said...

Just sitting here wanting to eat your cookies with a heart on them. You are so adorable.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Oh My God. Now you admit you're a domestic goddess too. I'm not worthy. Sigh.

Love love love the cookies. I can never seem to get past just eating the dough. The rest is just too time consuming.

Bishop Rick said...

Very Nice.

FYI: your close-up pic was messed up...just a plate of cookies...not sure what was intended.

C. L. Hanson said...

Wow, those are beautiful!!!

Between these and Lemon Blossom's cute panty cookies, we should organize an Outer Blogness bake-off!!!

I like baking and decorating sugar cookies too, but haven't had quite the same results... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Damn, those cookies look GOOD. I am so not a baker at all. Cute picture of you!!

Rebecca said...

Oooh, look at the pretty lady with the Magical Cookies of Awesomeness!

from the ashes said...

My domestic goddess-ness only comes out in baking, too. If I could choose another profession, I'd be a pastry chef!

Happy Valentine's day!

Sideon said...

Mmmm... frosting!

A little dab'll do ya!

:)

Happy Valentine's!

Anonymous said...

Your post inspired me - I baked cookies too! I baked chocolate chip, which are much less time consuming.

Anonymous said...

Seriously you guys...Christy made the frosting too!!! And it's gooooood! All my cookies are already gone, (they're Rob's favorite)

Thanks for coming to do that. It was a happy ending to Rob's 16hr work day! And a nice, sane break for me...

Christy said...

Thanks guys! Come party in Utah, one and all! I'll bake you some cookies! And I'll bet I can even convince Michelle to bake all sorts of fabulous goodies for you (every little thing she does is magic!), and Shiree to dance like Shakira for you. Come on out!