Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sad Day

Like many other Utahn's, I can't stop watching or reading the news today about the teen gunman who went on a senseless shooting rampage at Trolley Square Mall. I'm not attempting to over-sensationalize this story, just express my sadness. As far as I know, I don't personally know anybody affected by this, but it's too early to say for sure. Trolley Square has always been one of my favorite spots in all of Salt Lake City. It's one of the rare and fascinating places that gives the city its unique fingerprint. I have always loved going there- as a child and as an adult.

My heart and sympathies go out to all of those who have been directly and indirectly impacted by this tragedy. While my own problems seem difficult to me, this puts it all into perspective.

4 comments:

Bishop Rick said...

I don't know any of the victoms either, but that family that was hit by the drunk driver last week that killed the pregnant wife and 2 kids, the Dad is a co-worker of mine.

If everything happens for a reason, I'm having trouble figuring out the reason.

Sumwun said...

Yah, it's hard to talk about anything in light of these tragedies. Though I live far away, I have not been gone long and I have visited Trolley Square so many times for dinner, on dates, to shop and for haircuts etc. etc. Even at a distance it hurts me to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

God this is crazy. And very sad. I am so damn sick of these fuckers...am I allowed to say fuckers? I thought the same thing you did Christy....it puts things into perspective for me too. And my heart hurts for everyone affected.

Christy said...

BR- I am so sorry to hear about your co-worker. That story is beyond tragic. I hope he is doing as well as can be expected... I don't think many people would ever be able to fully recover after such a tragedy.

Sumwun- You know I totally loved you post on the same subject. It really says something about you as a person, if this hurts you even though you're so far away. We all have grieving to do, don't we?

Shiree, my BFF! You can say fuckers on my blog ALL you want! Saying your heart hurts is a perfect way to describe it. Mine still does.