Thursday, April 10, 2008

Who rocks my world?

My girls do!









One more with the ghetto horse down the road (whom they adore)!!



Today we had their year-end parent teacher conference. I can't BELIEVE that kindergarten is almost over. Didn't they just start?

I was excited for them to start. However I was not prepared for the emotions I felt as they walked into the door of the school, and away for me. Luckily for them, they had each others hand to hold. Still, they walked away from me, and into the school. They left my influence, for that of another, and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. Those sleepless nights, countless days watching Elmo, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, and Mr. Rogers, were over. They were grown girls, ready to read, write, and learn. Not my babies anymore.

They're doing great. Their teacher said that she never needs to motivate them, they're just always happy to be there and excited to learn. May that always continue!They know all their letters, can count to 100, make friends easily, can skip, but can't dribble a ball or tie a bow. I suppose I should work on those things.

They make it easy and delightful to be their mommy!

4 comments:

Don said...

We're so incredibly lucky to have them. Great pictures!

MattMan said...

If it's any consolation, I cried like the biggest damn baby you've ever seen for every one of my kids' first day going to kindergarten.

Oh yeah, and you always feel like there are things you should work on to teach them to catch up or get ahead. Get cozy with that feeling because it's gonna be a long ride. :)

Emilie said...

Now tell me...how would you feel if your two girls walked barefoot to the nearest hospital by themselves to get penny candy?...and on to Grandma's house cause she always has rootbeer in the fridge on the back patio?
...Just a thought...

They are gorgeous!

JulieAnn said...

My son wants to know when HIS girlfriends can come back over to play.....:)