Saturday, January 26, 2008

Broken Heart



I never loved nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind all these words
I hear in my mind all this music

And it breaks my heart
And it breaks my heart
And it breaks my heart
It breaks my heart

And suppose I never met you
Suppose we never fell in love
Suppose I never ever let you kiss me so sweet and so soft
Suppose I never ever saw you
Suppose we never ever called
Suppose I kept on singing love songs just to break my own fall
Just to break my fall
Just to break my fall
Break my fall
Break my fall

All my friends say that of course its gonna get better
Gonna get better
Better better better better
Better better better

I never love nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting by heart truly
I got lost
In the sounds
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind all these words
I hear in my mind
All this music
And it breaks my heart
It breaks my heart
Breaks my
Heart
Breaks my heart



Regina Spektor - Fidelity




I recently broke up with the guy that I've been seeing off and on for the past year. I won't get into the details as to how or why, because his point of view is just as valid as mine, and it wouldn't be fair. However, my heart is a broken mess. I know I'll move on and heal with time, but this relationship was rare and unique. Connections like we had are not a dime a dozen. In the reflection, I see some red flags that I should have paid more attention to, but was willing to overlook them. For the most part I'm doing fine, but I have my very sad moments.

That being said, I'm single now. Raaawwwr ;-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an exercise in distraction from your owie heart, you could think about your hindsight red flags and formulate a strategy for seeing them (or their ilk) sooner the next time round?

I don't know, I know there's nothing to be said or done for a broken heart. Time is the only fixer.

Hang in there, C. Hugs.

Christy said...

Thanks for responding, Wry.

There are things that I experienced in this relationship that will give me caution the next time I explore a relationship, for sure. However, I know that everyone has their own baggage. It could have been the new relationship energy talking, but I was willing to deal with the baggage he brought with him. Same for any future relationship-- I know that there is not that "perfect in every way" someone. He was perfect for me in many ways but not all, and for the most part, I was willing to accept that... until it reached a certain point.

You are right, time is the only fixer. That being said, I will always have lingering feelings. I still have them for the few I've cared so deeply about.

Luckily, I have the most kick-ass friends ever, who are doing their part to keep me distracted. Things could certainly be worse!

Mwah to you, Wry!

Anonymous said...

Christy, dude, so sorry. Men do indeed suck. The very cool news is that whomever you do end up with will be a better fit. In the interim, I am still interested in pursuing the adopting you as my niece thing.

Adam

Christy said...

Adam, dude, love the thought! I'd love nothing more than to be your niece, but you're the same age as my siblings. You're not old enough to be an uncle!

At any rate, you rock my world, and I'm so glad you stopped by!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Christy....Hugs and MWAH!

Shiree

Anonymous said...

But I do have nieces and nephews older than you, so...

Anyhow, big hugs, my buddy.

And note that I did see you working the mic on Rock Band, so when Shiree and Her Bitches (of which I intend to make a power-play for the title of "Head Bitch") get back together this summer, you must step up for at least one tune. Non-negotiable.

Adam

Christy said...

Shiree- I love you the most, my BFF! Mwah bacatcha!

Adam, whatev. And, you're on. I'll sing for you. I can't wait!

Regina Filangi said...

I'm sorry! Big hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sorry Christy. It hurts, even when one can see it's good. Heartache sucks.

fta

JulieAnn said...

I just caught up...so sorry honey. Let's chat soon. Muah