Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Not for me!

So there's a show that just started airing on TV yesterday. I won't mention it's name, because I don't want a million hits to my blog from google searches (I learned my lesson after mentioning a certain starlette who's name rhymes with starlette. Last name is similar to Johanson. I digress....)

This un-mentionable show is all the rage, and is in what, it's 7th or 8th season? I've lost track. Here's the deal: I watched the first season of it, from the beginning, and faithfully. I literally cried when Kelly Clarkson won, I was so happy for her (and still post-partum)! I still like Kelly today, btw. In season 2, I really did not "get" the Ruben craze, and was all for Clay Aiken to win. In season 3 I was rooting for Jennifer Hudson, and even though she lost, at least she's more successful than the others. After that, I started caring less and less about this show, to the point where I'll watch the last few episodes just to see what my co-workers are talking about, but that's it.

I will say this: I don't understand why most everyone in the world finds humour and entertainment in people who are not only just making asses out of themselves, but only doing it to get their 15 minutes of fame. Seriously-- these people KNOW that they suck, they just want to get on TV. And for some insane reason, most of the public LOVES it, and craves it! I swear, sooner or later, we'll find sport in the christians fighting tigers in colosseums. As for the people who truly suck but "don't get it"??? What's so great about making fun of them? I think it's mean.

And how many times do we have to hear a certain british grumpy guy say "That is the WORST audition I have EVER heard!!!" ?!?!?

I'm not a rigid woman, I do enjoy humour and making fun of people as much as the next person, but it's gotta have its time and place. Making fun of an ass who is a true ass but not necessarily trying to be??? (think George Bush, Britney Spears) FUNNY!! But making fun of someone who is an ass and is trying to be (think Jackass), NOT funny. You're just giving into their lame, unintelligent whims.

I love funny people, I love commedians, I love ammateur singers, I love talent. I just dont love that show. Let me know when we're into the final 12, I'll start watching it then.

1 comment:

minijonb said...

i've never understood what is so great about {name of show}. the judges on {name of show} are annoying, the talent gets weaker every year... i'll just have to pass on {name of show} for good.

:runs off to see if {name of show} is on TiVo:

=:-)