Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's true!!! A dream really IS a wish your heart makes!

Sometime last fall, I had a dream that I went to a movie theater to see a U2 movie, and I knew that Bono would be there. I sat in the front row, all the way on the right. He introduced the movie, but went away soon after. He didn't acknowledge me, like I hoped he would. But, he was there, and I saw him. Still an awesome dream.

Fast forward to recent times.

I found out a few weeks ago that U2 has a new 3D concert movie permiering at THE SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL!!!! Just a half hour away from where I live. I really wanted to go, but damn, tickets to these things sell out fast! Especially a U2 thing? No way in HELL am I going to get to go!

So, I talked to a friend of mine with connections. He basically said that the chances are slim. I'll have to call around to the box office and see if I can get tickets, or go stand in the wait list line. But still, he'd check his sources and see if he could find anything out.

A week later, he came up empty. The showing was two weeks away, so I wasn't expecting anything.

He sent me a text message on the 11th, that his source came through, I would have two tickets for the midnight showing. Anyone who knows me, know's that I'm a diehard. Midnight would be no problem!

So who do I take? I wanted to make sure I brought some one who really appreciated the band, and someone who I would have A LOT of fun with! Who else, other than my BFF Shiree?

Some of these pictures are taken with my iPhone, the rest are taken with Shiree's nice camera.

Here we are, FIRST IN LINE:




Total MILF's, or what??


Shiree and I were so clueless about Sundance, we were total virgins to this ordeal! Thanks to some good advice from co-workers, I knew to drive as if I'm going to Heber City, not Park City, and take the back-road exit. Somehow we managed to find immediate parking, close to the venue!!

We get to the venue thinking that we'll find a way to catch a shuttle to Main Street and walk around. The first show was seating (9:45), and we found out that they'll be lining up for the midnight show soon. They told us we could wait in the heated tent. (HEAT?!?! THANK YOU!!!!) So off to the heated tent we go.

People behind us say "Hey, we have tickets for the midnight show. Can we line up behind you?" We officially, yet un-officiallly start the line for the midnight show. WE'RE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screw Main Street!

The line next to us is for Adreneline pass holders (they go to shows before 10AM and after 10PM. Cost is $400!), and people in the film industry. I started to talk to the guy next to us, who looks like Ryan Seacrest. We have HOURS to wait in line, why not start making friends around us? I asked him where the best place in the theater to sit would be, and he says "As close as the front as you can get, to the left. That's where the podium is. If the band happens to be there(chances are they won't because it's the second screening), You'll be closer to them."

Shiree and I stand there for 3 hours. We're ahead of all of these people:




Finally we get in. We get to wear these totally groovy glasses!






Again, MILF's, right??


The Boys were there!!! (Minus Larry, poor guy got sick)



I paid A LOT Of money to see them in arena's with 20,000 + people. Last night (early this morning) I saw them in an arena with 1400 people. No, they didn't perform live. But they were THERE. In PERSON. And I was 5 feet away from them!!





Shiree was there, too!!



This woman, with this camera, took my picture!!!



After the band left the stage, my whole body was shaking. I couldn't believe that something like this happened for me. I'll have a perma-smile on my face for a long time to come!

5 comments:

C. L. Hanson said...

Wow, that must have been fabulous!!! :D

Lemon Blossom said...

Oo, sounds fun! Especially going with your BFF.

I'm not sure, but it's possible your post, which is the last one I read last night, helped to shape my dream. I have never heard a U2 song in my dreams, yet there it was. What power you wield!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I'm totally smiling.

Anonymous said...

Seriously...THIS WAS AWESOME!!!!

The coolest part was seeing Christy's dream of seeing U2 that close up come true!!! She's not kidding... SHE. WAS. SHAKING. Even the guy sitting nex to me commented about how she was shaking!

It made me so happy to see her THAT happy. She was adorable! I'm so happy that that happened, it was FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!

Some other things Christy forgot to mention...I almost, accidentally, told two guys that we were virgins......and we kinda bought this guy we didn't know at the gas station a purple lighter....and we told every stranger we walked by after the show..."HI, WE SAW BONO"

I will definitely never forget that night!!!

Sister Mary Lisa said...

How freaky is it that you dreamed you saw Bono live and then got to see him live? Sooooo cool. I'm so happy for you!