Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Chocolate Orgasm (Day 3)

My last day in New York City. We had a flight out of Newark in the late afternoon, so we had a few hours to kill in the morning. My gracious and gorgeous friend, Meg Slate, offered to take that day off of work and spend some time with us showing us around the city, taking us where we wanted to go. Vendor Jeff was exhausted and had a long drive back to Boston that day, so he stepped out of the picture and gave us instructions on how to get into the city ourselves... scary thought! So we took the Path from Jersey City back into the financial district.



Ground Zero in the day:



The company I work for is headquarted right across the street from this, but they wouldn't allow me to take pictures of the front of the building, here is one on the side:


From behind this building, they have spectacular views. Here is the Statue of Liberty at a distance:



And a cool new building... but I don't know what it's called:


From here we walked down Broadway and over to Chinatown:


Even though Meg warned us of the aggressive sales approach, my co-worker was really freaked out and wanted to get out of there ASAP, so we caught the next subway over to Union Square. Meg knew of a fantastic restaurant called Max Brenner, where everything on the menu is made of chocolate. They did have a short menu of regular lunch type items, but if you're at a chocolate restaurant, who can think of a turkey sandwich?

Inside of the restaurant with the chocolate looking pipes:



Meg and I together:


Pausing for just a moment to gush over Meg. I have seen several pictures of her before, but this was our first real life meeting. While she is very photogenic and takes a great picture, they simply do not do her justice. This woman is GORGEOUS. She is tall, thin, graceful, so very hip New Yorker. Here's a cool fact: She can take the subway steps two at a time, while my co-worker and I were grasping for breath to keep up! Meg, thanks again for taking the time to show us around! This afternoon was a major highlight of our trip!

Here is the chocolate orgasm that Meg and I shared...


And we're so naughty together, we had to get dessert, too!:


After this, it was time to head back to Jersey City to catch our flight. Meg gave us instructions on how to take the Subway back to the WTC (once again on our own, yikes!!), and off we went.

Some final shots:

Surrounding the front of Ground Zero are pictures that memorialize that day:


The last thing you see going down the stairs into the PATH:


After this we caught a flight to Virgina where we spent the next two days. The trip to Virginia was a little more relaxing since we didn't do much more than work related stuff... so I won't blog about it. Thanks everyone for indulging me in wanting to talk about my trip! Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm blushing after reading your generous description of me! I thoroughly enjoyed sharing our chocolate naughtiness. (Next time you're in town we'll have to fit in a tryst in Central Park :)

Christy said...

Meg, you tempt me so! :) You're on! ;-)

Phoebe said...

Yup -- hip and gorgeous.

Hey Christie -- my neighbor asked me how NewYork was, and I said fantastic.

"You have to come over to my house so I can bore you with all my pictures," I said.

We took 128 pictures. I get excited again seeing the ones you posted.

I think that "cool building" looks like a dildo.

(PS I have never seen one.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so fab. And Meg Slate and you look beautiful in the picture. *Sigh*

Hey, that picture you took with the Statue of Liberty in the background? That path that runs along the Hudson, all along the west side of Manhattan, is where I used to go roller blading all the time. SO fun. I'm having a lovely trip down memory lane with you, girlfriend. I want to go to the chocolate restaurant with you and Meg and Phoebe...*heaven*!

LOVING your new blog layout. Lovely.

from the ashes said...

sounds like you had so much fun! Last time I went to NYC all I did was a food tour. Chocolate here, cheesecake there, Italian pastries there. That's my kind of vacation.

And I like the new layout. How do you do labels? I want to do that.

Rebecca said...

Hey! I was JUST reading about that restaurant and wishing I could go! I love your pictures - the one with the Statue of Liberty in the background and the cool lampposts in the foreground is way awesome (cool lampposts are the BEST).

Christy said...

Phoebe- you crack me up! It does someone resemble a dildo, no? I think most of those buildings are phallic symbols anyway. I took 169 pictures, and 2 of them were in Virginia. :)

Wry- think you'll ever live in NYC again? It seems like you had quite the fabulous life there! And going out for chocolate with you, Phoebe and Meg does sound like heaven, I would agree! Thanks for the feedback on the blog layout!

FTA- sounds like my kind of vacation, too! This trip I was wined and dined by our vendor, so I didn't get to do any of the New York stuff like get a hotdog or pretzel from a street vendor, or pizza or cheesecake. My next trip to NYC will most likely be funded by myself, so I'll have to do all that. And thanks for the feedback on the layout. I did the labels in the add elements page I think? Are you on the beta blogger?

Rebecca- you have to go to Max Brenner! It's an assigment to you from me. You need to go and then return and report. You'll love it! And I agree, those are cool lampposts!

La said...

Great pics Christy! I'm just a little too jealous to be healthy. :)

Liseysmom said...

WHAT? You were in Virginia and didn't even tell me?!! WTF, girl? We could have driven down for a visit!! Virginia was only boring because you didn't have a proper tour guide.

Regina Filangi said...

Looks like fun! I am still jealous! Why no one's business ever brings them to Miami I will never know!

You and Meg are both beautiful! Not Fair!!

Christy said...

La- thank you! You would love NYC, make it a point to get there one of these days.

LM- I know, I'm a loser. I knew my free time would be quite limited as I had to work most of the time I was there. We were in the Chantilly/Dulles area, are you familiar with that?

Regina- how close is Miami to Ft. Lauderdale? My company has a center there, and they have sent people out there before, so you never know!

Regina Filangi said...

Ft Lauderdale is like 20-30 minutes away, if you don't hit traffic. So it's really close!

If you ever come out there let me know!!

from the ashes said...

Next time you're in NYC, let's do the hot dog and pretzel and cheesecake tour together, deal?

Christy said...

FTA- you've got it! And next time you're in Utah, we're totally going to get drunk together! :)

Bishop Rick said...

This post needs some testosterone.

The 2 chicks in the picture are both hot. That chocolate orgasm looks like a couple of boobs.

Take that !

Christy said...

Bishop Rick... um, thanks, I guess?