Wednesday, November 01, 2006

She gets these skillz from me!

I'm married to an artist. It was actually one of his pickup lines on me. After he met me for the first time, he told me I had nice eyebrows. "WHAT?!?!" I said... his response was "You have really nice eyebrows. I'm an artist and I notice these things." Cue the sound effects... "Awwwww...."

I, on the other hand, can not draw a straight line with a ruler. I'm creatively challenged in pretty much every aspect, truth be told. I was hoping that my daughters would inherit my husbands artistic abilities, but sadly, it appears as though at least one of them got mine.

Below is a picture that my daughter drew on her treat bag from her pre-school Halloween party:



When I saw this bag I asked her what it was. She said that the blue thing on top is a spider. Okay, I can get that. "What's below your spider, sweetheart?" "That's a bat, mommy".

Wow. Um, wow.

15 comments:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I'm sorry, but it looks kinda phallic if you ask me. And I'm an artist. This really is art...I love it. I have a treasure box of these kind of art projects from my kids over the years.

Christy said...

Just kinda phallic? haha, I thought she was going to tell me that it was a picture of her friend Connor's "straightbelly" (as she prefers to call it). When I saw this picture I couldn't stop giggling at it's perfect innocence. It's definitely something we'll keep in a treasure box for her.

And you're an artist? You and my husband should talk sometime.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I was working on a portrait in pencil this evening, and every evening until I get all three commissions done by (hopefully) the end of November so I can frame them in time for Christmas wrapping.)

You can check out a couple of my recent drawings on my archived post here.

I'm not an artist who has studied past high school, but I love it, it's my passion...

Anonymous said...

Paging Dr Freud...

That picture is hilarious - I love your daughters, just hearing about them. Awesome drawing! :-)

Christy said...

SML-- WOW WOW WOW!! I am AMAZED! I mean... WOW. I'm going to have my husband stop by your blog, you two really should talk!!

Christy said...

Thank you, Wry! I love my girlies too... it's moments like this picture that make the sleepless nights I endured worthwhile.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Thanks, Christy. I'd love to. I really liked your man's self portrait. I've never tried that yet, could be tough!

:)

Thunderchops said...

Very cool stuff SML.

Very...interesting stuff...Christy.

Anonymous said...

That bat is amazing. Don't you think?

Christy said...

Pete- Amazing indeed.

Chops- yeah. Thanks. :)

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Thanks, Thunderchops. Is that a real pic of you? I'd like to PAINT those chops!

Thunderchops said...

Yeah. That'd be me. :) The chops are a little reserved and trimmed back right now, but they can come roaring to the front very easily.

I haven't drawn in a while. Too long. :(

Christy said...

teehee... Chops told us that right now, they're considered toddlerchops. That made us laugh. But they are real, and I have touched them. :)

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I think the glasses WITH the chops completes the look, to be sure.

And you know how to solve the whole I-haven't-drawn-in-too-long problem, right? There is your pencil, there is your paper. Go for it! Then post your efforts if you want! Especially if it's the design for your first marketable sex toy!

Sideon said...

My partner and I are HOWLING at this post :)

**grin**