Saturday, November 04, 2006

Prepare for your hearts to melt

Weird... I posted this last night and it was still there this morning. I think blogger had a major hiccup. I'll try to re-cap what I said.

5 years ago this week I was put on strict bedrest (yet I STILL went to church... go figure!), and two weeks from today, my daughters will be 5. I've been pretty sentimental thinking about it, I'm amazed at how fast time flies. We took this picture a little over 4 years ago, and it's one of my favorite pictures of them, ever. Unfortunately it's just a scanned copy so the colors and sharpness aren't as brilliant as I would like.




The one on the right, in the pink sweater, is the one who drew the bat.

Since I get to do this post twice, I'll add another picture... another one of my favorites. They were about 8 months here, and my father in law snapped this at just the right moment. I call this picture "Dramedy":



This picture cracks me up every time I see it... this time it's the one on the left who is bawling that drew the bat.

Ros, to answer your question in the comments, there is no family history of twins, nor did we have any fertility issues. I like to call them "my little freaks of nature". I'll post more about the shock I experienced when I found out I was expecting twins another time.

7 comments:

phoenixxphyre said...

Aw, they are cute. I like the Dramady picture, very much like those drama masks.

Anonymous said...

I still put the dramedy picture up on my computer desktop from time to time. I love that one!

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I look forward to your posts on the shock of finding out it's twins! I can't imagine how hard that would be...

La said...

They're such little sweethearts!! We need to spend more time with you guys. *sigh*

Rebecca said...

HOW. TOTALLY. ADORABLE. And I think babies are, at best, nice to hold for 30 seconds. I am the original Cranky Spinster Lady, and I still think they're fantastically cute.

Anonymous said...

You are banging my ovaries with a hammer, woman!

Christy said...

aw, thank you everyone! Of course I think they're perfect, but I'm a bit biased. It's nice to know that others see their adorable-ness. It's their defense mechanism!