Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bunco

Tonight was my Bunco night. Ordinarily, living in SLC, you would think Bunco would be quite lame. But not with this group of women. Somehow, we managed to find 12 women in SLC who are either ex-mo's or nevermo's. I have no idea how that is possible, and it certainly wasn't planned that way. I guess it goes to show that SLC isn't as "mormony" as some would think. It was 12 women, drinking adult beverages and talking about breasts and vaginas. It's good times, I tell you!

Anway, tonight was fun because I was standing at the bar (oh yes, my friend in SLC has a bar in her basement-- when will the madness end??) talking on my phone, when in walks another woman. We stood there and looked at each other for about 30 seconds and simultaneously said "Don't I know you?" Turns out we went to high school together, and were in the same seminary class for 2 years. Both of us were such good girls back then, I distinctly remember some of the testimonies she bore. But, we didn't talk about church or mention the "mormon" word once. We were just normal, relaxed, and enjoyed our rum and cokes while catching up on the gossip of common friends.

I won the booby prize, which meant I was the biggest loser of the night. I seem to win that prize often. Leave it to me to always lose at a game that requires absolutely no skill or thought. That, in and of itself, takes skillz.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. I don't know what Bunco is, but I wish I could come play with you all!! Drinks and fun women and some game (?) sounds like heaven to me. Hope you enjoyed your booby prize (heh heh...12 women together, and someone gets a "booby prize" heh heh...)

Bishop Rick said...

12 women talking about breasts and vaginas, adult beverages, booby prizes, where do I sign up?

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Wry, they can't exactly call it a penis prize!......Or can they????

Christy said...

Wry- you would love my Bunco group, I wish you could play with us too! Bunco is a really dumb game where you just roll dice over and over again. Most of the time we don't really keep score, it's more of an excuse to have a girls night once a month with dinner, drinks, and prizes.

Bishop Rick- ha! Sorry, girls only. I like your name though, I thought my Bishops name really was Rick until I was about 7.

SML- We have been known to give vibrators and dildo's away as the prizes so.... penis prize indeed! ;-)

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Christy, I think you should re-name the booby prize to peewee prize or something. Definitely.

Anonymous said...

He he... Booby.

La said...

Is this a size prize? Cause, well, you know...

Once when we were at Julianna's I had the same experience as you did. It turns out a girl I knew in high school is actually part of "The Gang"...Kimberly. Coolness, huh? I love meeting people that are exmo too. :)

Christy said...

SML- peewee prize, I love it!

Pete- one track mind or what? ;-)

La- you crack me up, girl. And I had no idea that you and Kimberly knew each other from high school, that's absolutly wild! I adore Kimberly, she says stuff sometimes that manages to knock me off my rocker... I had no idea her mind worked like that.

Liseysmom said...

I love my Bunco group. It's a weird mix of people who know each other in very random ways. I've won the Biggest-Loser prize a few times myself.

Christy said...

LM- I'm glad you're enjoying your Bunco group! My group started being mostly co-workers, but over time people have had to drop out and join in so it's a much more random mix now.