Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's the little things

I was thinking about my day and all the things I accomplished. Work-wise, not much, so I'm a little down on myself for that. but but but! I did manage to do some other stuff! such as...

  • I woke up a few minutes late but still made it to work on time.
  • I ate grapefruit for breakfast, with no sugar.
  • I walked past the box of free donuts a co-worker brought in today, at least six times. I didn't partake of any.
  • I drank 64 ounces of water (oh, and black coffee first thing), no soda.
  • I finalized and booked my travel plans for next month (anyone with experience booking corporate travel knows what a pain.in.the.ass it is)
  • I convinced a vendor to take me to dinner and a show in Manhattan the night I arrive. I rule at the sweet talk!

meh, it's not much, but it's something. Now the question is, will I continue with my health trend for the day and actually work out tonight? Not bloody likely. I'm thinking about it though, and that's got to count for something, right?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diet Dr. Peppers - 4
Cookies from the break room - 2
1/2 a peanut butter Take 5 bar - working on it now
Sit-ups - 0

Christy said...

at least it was Diet Dr. Peppers...

Bishop Rick said...

12 ounce curls

drink til your tired, sleep til your thirsty.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Oh shit, do I have to do this? It's like True Confessions. But maybe if I list it here I'll do something about my eating habits.

Quaker Oats N Honey bar and Diet Pepsi for breakfast.

Sections of strawberry cream filled chocolate bar from Austria.

Lunch at Old Chicago Pizza, I ate a salad (yummy and healthy too) and a slice of sausage and peppers pizza.

Chinese take out for dinner. In celebration of I'm-too-tired-to-cook-me-too-let's-order-something-OK.

Carrot cake made from scratch by my hubby's co-worker in celebration of Boss's Week.

Just reading this list makes me kinda sick.

Christy said...

SML- your day of eating sounds a lot more interesting than mine! No need to confess... I was just trying to list mine as a little accomplishment because for me, it was. I don't have one of those metabolisms that lets me eat whatever I want... blah.

PS- did the carrot cake have raisins? I love carrot cake, but I'll pass on the raisins!

from the ashes said...

you'll be in Manhattan? Any chance of making a little side trip? email me

Christy said...

FTA- Sadly, no. This trip will be very short and about 90% business. We fly in on Sunday, and then have 4 vendors to visit in 3 different states by the time we leave on Thursday. I considered extending the trip, flying the Mr. out and staying over the following weekend, but it's not in the cards this time. I wish!!

from the ashes said...

Too bad. Another time. I'm sure we'll be near you sometime soon.

Rebecca said...

Breakfast: Monkey eyes

Lunch: Kitten sandwich

Dinner: Roast baby, followed by the heart of a virgin, a la mode.

THINKING about working out burns calories. Since you're awake and breathing when you're thinking.

Christy said...

Ha! Good point Rebecca, good point! Do you like your monkey eyes with salt and pepper?