Sunday, October 15, 2006

When you Rock and Roll with me, there's nowhere else I'd rather be

Brandon Flowers, how do I love thee? I want to marry him and have like a thousand of his babies.

Last night was the long awaited and much anticipated Killers concert! I wish I could say it was all I hoped and dreamed it would be, but not in every aspect. The venue sucked. To get a view of the stage, you had to be on the floor in the mosh pit (and let's face it, I'm too OLD for that!) or duke it out with people on the upper level for a spot along the railing. We did find a place in the back corner, but we had a ton of people in our group, so we took turns viewing the stage most of the night. I had a better view of him when he joined Bono on stage at the U2 concert in Las Vegas last year... and we were in the cheap seats!

Other than this minor inconvenience, the concert was fan-TAB-ulous! Brandon has amazing stage presence. I've been to a lot of concerts in my time, and not everyone has the ability to put on a show and entertain the audience the way that he does. They sang every song I wanted to hear... which I guess is an advantage seeing a band with only 2 albums produced.

Of course, the highlight of my night was when La and Eric suprised us at dinner and got tickets to the show! Thanks you guys, having you there made it much more fun!

3 comments:

Christy said...

hahahaha, sorry about that! We were trying to find the lake, and like pioneer children we walked, and walked.... but no lake was to be found. So we turned around and tripped over sand and rocks. But we DID find our way back. Good times I tell you, good times! :)

Did you see the guys in the parking lot who were sitting on top of their giant SUV with the speakers blaring and they were singing? It was pretty funny, J and "Shree" held up lighters for them as we walked past. Again, good times!

La said...

It worked out so well, and it was such a great evening! Great food, great friends, great conversation... Ahh...

I couldn't take my eyes off the guitarist. Possibly because there was a large column blocking my view of the other band members, but... I love live shows because it reminds me why I wanted to play guitar in the first place. Now if only I could play guitar!

We need to get that band started up. Shall we call ourselves The Cherries? :)

Christy said...

Indeed, a fantastic evening all around.

I didn't notice the guitarist (although in general, they're fucking hot!!), I had my eyes on Brandon and the drummer, who looks like the guy from My Name is Earl.

I totally think you and "shree" need to start a band. I have no talent, so I could not perform with you. However, I would make an excellent finance manager or roadie or groupie, whichever you prefer!