Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Countdown to The Killers

Not counting today, there are only 4 days left until The Killers concert. Anyone who knows my husband and me as "Mr. and Mrs. Brightside" will understand why this is a big deal for us. I've been listening to the album at least twice a day since we bought it last week, so I can look cool at the concert for knowing all the songs. We're going with 9 other couple friends so this will be a party time, fo sho!

To celebrate the occasion, I'll share some lyrics from one of my favorite songs on Sam's Town. The tune is catchy (reminds me of a 50's or 60's melody and beat), and the words are downright sexy. Without further ado, I present "Bones"

We took a back road, we’re gonna look at the stars
We took a back road in my car
Down to the ocean, it’s only water and sand
And in the ocean, we’ll hold hands
But I don’t really like you
Apologetically dressed in the best, put on a hearbeat glide
Without an answer, the thunder speaks from the sky
And on the cold, wet dirt I cry
And on the cold, wet dirt I cry

Don’t you wanna come with me?
Don’t you wanna feel my bones on your bones?
It’s only natural
The cinematic vision, ensued
Like the holiest dream
There’s someone calling, an angel whispers my name
But the message relayed is the same
Wait till tommorrow, you'll be fine
But it's gone to the dogs in my mind
I always hear them, when the dead of night comes calling, to save me from this fight, but they can never wrong this right

Don’t you wanna come with me?
Don’t you wanna feel my bones on your bones?
It’s only natural
Don’t you wanna swim with me?
Don’t you wanna feel my skin on your skin?
It’s only natural
I never had a lover
I never had soul
And I never had a good time
I never got gold

Don’t you wanna come with me?
Don’t you wanna feel my bones on your bones?
It’s only natural
Don’t you wanna swim with me?
Don’t you wanna feel my skin on your skin?
It’s only natural

5 comments:

Christy said...

Thank you! I know I will! Of course I shall return and report.

Anonymous said...

Hey - just because of you and Mr B, I started listening to The Killers...love 'em. Know what my new favorite song is? Mr Brightside! I'm loving the acoustic version that I downloaded from iTunes after I listened to it all last weekend in London. It's a special treat - reminds me of my B's, and is also just a kickass song.

The Clinique DDML has never worked for me, but your skin looks so good, you actually made me revisit that question mentally. ;-)

Enjoy the concert!!

Christy said...

YAY Wry!! You know, I've never heard the accoustic version, I'll have to download it. And there you go making me all jealous about London again. Have you seen the video for it? When I first started posting on TVFTF, she was my avatar.

As far as the Clinique-- well I have a co-worker who has the same type of skin that I do, and she says it makes her break out. I guess everyone has different chemistry with different things... All I know is that it's worked for me for the past 13+ years.

La said...

I'm not going...!!! Sad, huh? There are so many things happening lately that we didn't feel this was worth it to get ANOTHER babysitter. I bet you guys are going to have such a blast. Remember me, will you?

Oh, and Amy wants you to know that I am an asshole about spell-checking. I am not sure what she's talking about...

Christy said...

La, I am so sad! I totally know what you mean about babysitter issues. It seems like there is always so much going on (and I'm NOT complaining about that!) that it's impossible to be at every thing, every time. We will have a blast and I'm sure your name will come up once or twice or 60 times.

No worries about correcting my spelling. Actually, it turns me on when people correct my spelling! ;-)